|Job Purpose:||To oversee the day-to-day running of the certification department and ensure that the Association meets all the certification requirements to remain certified with all the relevant certification bodies.|
|Reports to:||Chief Operations Officer of the CAA|
|Responsible for:||Certification Coordinator, GIS Administrator, Administrative Assistants|
|Job Type:||Full -Time|
|Location/Station:||Ashanti Region - Kumasi|
|Work closely with the Extension Manager, Chief Accountant, HR/Administrative Manager and Senior Data Management Officer.|
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day activities regarding certification, GPS mapping, training and development.
- Works closely with the Chief Operations Officer in the planning and execution of all the strategic objectives of certification, training and development.
- Create an adequate Internal Control Systems (ICS) and to comply with different certification programmes.
- Identifies and engages new strategic partners for CAA in terms of the expansion of certification and other relevant initiatives. Ensure good relationship management with external stakeholders
- Ensures that good training modules are prepared.
- Ensure you monitor training modules implemented by the Extension Department
- Supervise, Monitor and evaluate the performance of the staff within your department on the basis of their key responsibilities and in line with the PMS.
- Identifies new trends in certification and the cocoa industry in general and put in place the necessary requirements to propel the Association to benefit from them.
- Oversee to the adherence to all current certification protocols to help make the Association remained certified to all the relevant certification bodies.
- Implement innovations and initiatives in collaboration with other departments (i.e. mobile banking solutions, OMR etc) to strengthen the CAA to meet her main objectives.
- Maintain, implement, and identity fund generated projects for CAA.
- Prepare and provide monthly and quarterly reports.
- You will also be required to perform other duties and assignment as will be determined by your supervisor.
Education & Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor of science degree in Agriculture, Regional Development and Innovation, Sustainable Management or Social Science and at least (6) years experience in the cocoa industry. A job experience in the managerial position not less than (3) years. Working experience in Ghana, Africa and beyond is an added advantage.
- Ability to think strategically, plan, coach, mentor, implement and deliver project outcomes to the CAA’S business and certification objectives.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Should have excellent communications skills as well as the fair, ability, presence and personality to constructively engage internal and external stakeholders on issues bordering on certification and other innovative programme
- Should be extensively knowledgeable and qualified in sustainable issues
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of the recognised certification bodies
- Must have good knowledge and able to work with the GIS/GPS soft and hardware
- Must exhibit excellent leadership skills
- Ability to work to deadlines without compromising on values and standards of the CAA
- In-depth knowledge in UTZ&RA Certification is an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior negotiation skills and ability to convince and make a point to his peers
- Knowledge of the ISO Standard 9001 is an added advantage
- Ability to drive with a valid driver licence
- Must be self-disciplined